Anybody who says life’s too short to stuff a mushroom hasn’t tried Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms – or they’ve got too much money 🙂
These are exquisite and well worth the trouble.
This recipe is an authentic ‘secret recipe’.
It’s well worth seeking out these favorite family meals – you could easily save the cost of a holiday if you were to cook at home rather than go out once a week.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb crabmeat
- 2 cups oyster crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400deg F.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Set caps aside, and chop half of the stems.
- Saute chopped mushroom stems, celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cool in the refrigerator.
- Combine sauteed vegetables and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in a sprayed or buttered baking pan stem side up.
- Spoon 1 tsp stuffing into each mushroom cap.
- Cover with a piece of sliced cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is lightly brown.